RCE

Default Marina recommendations in North Carolina

Here's a question I've never fully considered:

How far south do you need to be before it's safe to leave the boat in
the water without winterizing the engines, water tanks, heads, etc. ?

The Equator?

I just got a response from Paul Bennett of Cape Fear Marina in Wilmington,
NC. He says the winters are typically mild, but they do have some days when
it drops below freezing. If the boat is heated, I don't see this as a
problem. It would have to get very cold for a long time to freeze any water
in the fresh water tanks or lines in the engine room compartment, I think.
They have many full time live-a-boards there, so it can't be an issue.

10 bucks a foot per month plus electricity. When we were in Scituate I was
paying almost 7k per season (5 months) for the Navigator, but it included
electricity. Cape Fear Marina for 5 months would be around 2,500 bucks plus
maybe 3 or 4 hundred for electricity. Sounds very reasonable, compared to
up here.
The GB, at 36 feet would be even cheaper.

They also have a limited number of slips for sale.

RCE