Wayne.B

Default Marina recommendations in North Carolina

On Thu, 02 Mar 2006 07:24:17 -0500, DSK wrote:

Why not Little River SC or Charleston or the Norfolk area,
just out of curiosity?

The Charleston City Marina is a first class facility and Charleston
has a lot to offer. On the down side, there is a personal property
tax which gets applied to visiting boats after a certain amount of
time and a band of hungry tax collectors to enforce it.

There is a large full service marina north of Beaufort, NC on Adams
Creek but can't remember the name of it off the top of my head.
Wonderful area. We liked Oriental also but the marina we stayed at
(Whittaker Creek) was not full service. There are others however.

Belhaven, NC offers some really nice back country cruising in the
immediate vicinity but I can't speak to the marina question. There is
one there with a web site:

http://www.riverforestmarina.com/marina.htm

Coinjock? :-) 32 oz prime rib every night!

What about Great Bridge, VA? There is at least one large marina there
and it is not far from Norfolk.