posted to rec.boats.electronics
krj

Default Wiring a 120 V AC 15 amp Receptical, Pigtail okay?

luc wrote:
being a residential wiring guy, I'm not crazy about crimps in a 120V
system. I'd rather use solder, or wire nuts. I also like to go to the
screws rather than use those push in style connectors. Also, pigtails
are better than running the power through an outlet, because if one of
them craps out, you still have the other one functioning. minor
details I suppose. Another thing is that technically, if you are using
a 15 amp breaker, you can use 12 guage wire, but 14 will also do for
that application. 12 is rated for 20 amps.

Luc

Wire nuts are OK in houses, they don't vibrate. Boats do. Never use wire
nuts for boat wiring.
krj