posted to rec.boats.electronics
Gordon Wedman

Default Honda EU2000i

wrote in message
On 28 Feb 2006, Larry wrote:

. . . . I have both the EU1000i . . . . much larger and
heavier [than the 2000i] . . . .

How much larger and heavier?

The 3000i is hardly breathing at 1200 RPM until you hit
about 1800W on econo mode.

O.K. - but assuming that the generator would not be used to charge two
4D batteries batteries in an inverter-based system that includes air
conditioners and, instead, just, if you will, "normal" use (e.g.,
reading lights, listening to the radio, maybe occasional microwave
oven use to boil a cup of water or warm up pre-cooked/dehydrated
meals, etc.), is the 2000i still likely to be inadequate?

My biggest regret about it is . . . . [t]he 3000i's exhaust
pipe breathes into the cooling air supply inside the
damned case and is very hard to get to [to weld on a
nipple that would enable exhaust outlet elsewhere].

So where do you keep it (or did you install it permanently) and what
did you do to solve this problem?

I have been looking at these as well and believe the EU2000 is plenty large
enough for most boat applications. I think it will easily power a 50 amp
battery charger and thus recharge a days battery use in 2 hours.
I believe the EU1000 is about 25 pounds and the EU2000 about 49 pounds.
The cases are nearly the same size.