Garland Gray II

Default Non skid deck paint

Last year I built a hard top bimini (that would be walked on for sail
furling) and painted it with Interlux Perfection 2 part poly, and mixed in
Interlux Intergrip. I was very satisfied with it. You can mix in whatever is
needed to be as agressive as you want. I rolled it and it was quite uniform.
Since the material is light, perhaps it doesn't settle in the paint.
Literature says it won't collect dirt as bad as natural grit, so it has to
be so, right ?
Working inside, the fumes were right potent, but if you are outside that
wouldn't be a problem.

"RIchard" wrote in message
oups.com...
I am painting the cockpit on my 38 Bertram and I am looking for
feedback. I am looking at Interlux Interdeck and West Sea Gloss Pro. I
would like to maintain the existing deck look
as much as possible, I will be painting the flybridge floor area also.
I have some experience with Algrip using the sand that is added to the
paint. The sand approach is hard to get a uniform layer of sand in my
experience. I do not won't a real aggressive deck but something that
is similiar to the original deck with non skid qualities. I understand
the Interdeck is not very aggressive, maybe not aggressive enough. I
have seen the Sea Gloss Pro and it has the same old sand look to it.

Looking for feedback on this application ?