Don White

Default OT--Those special union benefits

NOYB wrote:
"Doug Kanter" wrote in message

"NOYB" wrote in message
hlink.net...

Idle Hands
Detroit's Symbol of Dysfunction:
Paying Employees Not to Work
Cost Tops $1.4 Billion a Year

Among all their other nutty ideas, I wonder if GM thought it was a good
way to keep these people from moving away and going to work for Toyota,
etc.

They were trying to lock up their employee base to tap into when times are
good.

As a small business owner, I can only imagine the headaches involved for a
large company trying to staff the appropriate number of employees for such a
cyclical business.

On a much, much smaller scale, I face a similar dilemma. Naples is becoming
more and more a year-round residence, but for many it is still very
seasonal. I desperately need a second hygienist for October through
May...but then one hygienist is more than enough in the Summer months.

Do I hire the second hygienist and then put her in the "rubber room" from
June through September?

Just give each girl a 6 or 8 week vacation each year. That way you'll
only have one body present all summer long.