posted to alt.sailing.asa
DSK

Default USCG " many intelligence gaps" in Port Deal. New opinion nowclassified.

katysails wrote:
You obviously don't remember Jimmy Carter....the puppet Presidnet....

???
I do remember Carter as President (in fact it doesn't seem
that long ago). Whose puppet was he?

What I recall of President Carter's political maneuvering is
that he consistently tried to do what would be best in the
long run, and as a result consistently alienated just about
everybody. His whole philosophy was the President should not
work for the benefit of special interest groups.

Sounds great in theory, didn't work so well in practice
(partly, I think, because of Carter's personality).

Criminal negligance on the part of the Silent, Boomer, and post Boomer
generations, namely most of the people born from 1925 to the early
80's. Never have there been so many Americans with their collective
heads up their collective asses.

I disagree with that entirely...those people you speak of are
responsible for the civil rights movement, great scientific gains, and
overall progress....

I think he meant now, not then.

DSK