posted to alt.sailing.asa
Capt. JG

Default USCG " many intelligence gaps" in Port Deal. New opinion now classified.

Carter was a lot of things, many of which I disliked, but he wasn't a
puppet.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

"katy" wrote in message
DSK wrote:

It's not the first time we have had a President who was
largely a figurehead. It's not the first time we have had a
President who was a figurehead for rapacious profiteers.

You obviously don't remember Jimmy Carter....the puppet Presidnet....
Yeah, but certainly not since WWII and probably not since the 19th
century. I don't think Harding was this bad.

However, it is the first time (that I know of) we have been
in such a position politically, economically, militarily,
all at once. Bad luck?

Criminal negligance on the part of the Silent, Boomer, and post Boomer
generations, namely most of the people born from 1925 to the early
80's. Never have there been so many Americans with their collective
heads up their collective asses.

I disagree with that entirely...those people you speak of are responsible
for the civil rights movement, great scientific gains, and overall
progress....

My Silent generation parents have done what they do best, remaining
silent. My Dad said point blank that he didn't want to know what was
going on. Doesn't prevent them from stating the most idiot ignorance
based opinions possible. Boomers have been incredibly narrowly focused
on their own pet issues to the exclusion of all else, particularly the
right wing 'christians' and their dream of an American theocracy. Post
boomers have done what the Lost generation and all other previous post
Boomer-type generations have done: concentrate on surviving day to day
and trying not to think about the future.

Ah, spoiled brat syndrome. The Boomers were the first to have the guts to
stand up and have their say about a war they felt was unjust. It was a
Boomer who put that computer on your desk and made the technology to send
your post. Justg because you ahve a dad that doesn't want involvement
does not mean that the segment of society that you emntion is the same
way. They aren't. They are the people who raised you, established a
value system for you, and made sure you grew up to be able to have an
opinion of your own. If you post here, you will see that Boomers have
varied opinions. On this list alone we have traditional conservatice,
moderates, liberals, and liberatarians. Very few are unread or
unilluminated about what goes on in this world. Making vast overstatement
is a sign of youth. You'll get over it when you grow up.