posted to alt.sailing.asa

Default USCG " many intelligence gaps" in Port Deal. New opinion now classified.

DSK wrote:
It's not the first time we have had a President who was
largely a figurehead. It's not the first time we have had a
President who was a figurehead for rapacious profiteers.

Yeah, but certainly not since WWII and probably not since the 19th
century. I don't think Harding was this bad.

However, it is the first time (that I know of) we have been
in such a position politically, economically, militarily,
all at once. Bad luck?

Criminal negligance on the part of the Silent, Boomer, and post Boomer
generations, namely most of the people born from 1925 to the early
80's. Never have there been so many Americans with their collective
heads up their collective asses.

My Silent generation parents have done what they do best, remaining
silent. My Dad said point blank that he didn't want to know what was
going on. Doesn't prevent them from stating the most idiot ignorance
based opinions possible. Boomers have been incredibly narrowly focused
on their own pet issues to the exclusion of all else, particularly the
right wing 'christians' and their dream of an American theocracy. Post
boomers have done what the Lost generation and all other previous post
Boomer-type generations have done: concentrate on surviving day to day
and trying not to think about the future.