posted to alt.sailing.asa
DSK

Default USCG " many intelligence gaps" in Port Deal. New opinion nowclassified.

"Capt. JG" wrote
...... My question is why did Bush lie about it .....

Vito wrote:
Politicians react differently than other people. If I ask -say- your age, your
first response is likely the truth. That's so common that police and courts put
more faith in it (Raes Gestae (sp?) evidence) than other testimony. With
sociopaths like Bush just the opposite is true - their first instinct is to lie.

I disagree strongly. I don't think President Bush lies
deliberately at all. It's more like what you get if you ask
a precocious 5 year old to solve a calculus equation.

One key point is that Bush *believes* what he's saying. I'm
sure he honestly did think that Saddam's WMD's were the
biggest threat to America. He is at the mercy of his
advisors & what they tell him.

I'm equally sure that he thought his energy policy from 2000
to 2005 was the best thing for America, and sees no
contradiction at all with his statements on energy policy
for 2006 (which sounded like an Al Gore speech from 1999).

Oddly, we all know this yet our own tendency toward honesty misleads us into
believing them. Think about it. Given the man's track record of whoppers why
do we expect anything but lies?

It's not the first time we have had a President who was
largely a figurehead. It's not the first time we have had a
President who was a figurehead for rapacious profiteers.
However, it is the first time (that I know of) we have been
in such a position politically, economically, militarily,
all at once. Bad luck?

DSK