posted to alt.sailing.asa
Bob

Default I still prefer single handing

wrote:

Unfortunately, my wife does not like me to sail alone
and openly worries about what could happen to me in such windy
conditions.

The past year and a
half in which I have done a considerable amount of single handing has
convinced me that I am far better alone sailing and I have more fun. I
dunno what to do but family sailing doesnt work for me.

This is what I did with same situation. I searched around and found an
atletic 26 year old woman. Ya know the type, fit... young.... hot.
Started sailing with her. Wife went nuts when she finally got around to
meeting my new "sailing partner." Now she prefers that I sail single.