posted to rec.boats.electronics
Meindert Sprang

Default Using a laptop with a Raymarine E-80?

"Bill Kearney" wrote in message
t...
You need indeed a "bridge" to convert Seatalk into NMEA.

So whose bridges are worth considering? Raymarine makes their own, of
course, but there are others. Anyone have experience with them?

Raymarine makes i'ts own indeed, but this one crashed when you feed it too
much data. Also the GPS data conversion to NMEA sometimes produces erroneous
positions, 200-2000 miles off.

Then there are a few NMEA multiplexers on the market that offer Seatalk to
NMEA translation (one way): Brookhouse and ShipModul. I only know the latter
best, since I make them :-)
And if you need a reference, we also produce multiplexers for Raymarine :-)

www.brookhouseonline.com
www.shipmodul.com

Meindert