posted to alt.sailing.asa
Thom Stewart

Default Dutchman System

Bart & John;

I still prefer "LAZY JACKS" with full batten main to the"DUTCHMAN."
Mostly for the ability to remove the "Jack" completely from the Main
Sail. With the "Jacks" drawn to the Goose neck I have a completely clear
sail. I feel that a free sail has better ability for sail shape control;
especially Twist.

With the "Jacks" in place, I can get the same control in dropping the
sail and also allows the use of a standard Sail Cover. With a "Free
Footed Main" I have the ability to completely wrap the sail in a
standard sail cover; Free from contact with the Boom.

With the "Jacks" drawn; to free the Leech, the sail is free to Hoist
without problems

http://community.webtv.net/tassail/ThomPage

http://community.webtv.net/tassail/Pneuma