posted to alt.sailing.asa
DSK

Default Lessons of a tragedy....Roller furlers suck

To blame this accident on the roller furler is just plain stupid. To use
this incident as "proof" that roller furlers are no good, and insist on
that proof loudly, is going a few step further.... what would you call
that?

Maxprop wrote:
You're absolutely right, of course. I couldn't agree more. My point is:
if you were discussing this with Joe over a beer and chips/salsa, would you
have referred to him as a "belligerent dumb-ass" to his face?

That depends on how belligerent he was to start with. For
the most part, I believe in curtesy & good manners but I
don't waste my time trying to be polite to people who are
deliberately trying to start a fight.

... The
impersonal nature of Usenet seems to bring out the worst sort of
belligerence in us all, I think.

That's absolutely true. Explains why some people act that
way all the time!

DSK