posted to alt.sailing.asa
Bart Senior

Default Dutchman System

I know the guy who makes them, but I don't get any
commission on selling them or anything like that. I do
wholeheartedly endorse the system and have one on
my boat, with the caveat that I think a good track system
is of equal or greater importance. I plan to put a Strong
Track on my boat this spring.

The Dutchman is a very nice system. Point to anything better
on the market! You can't because there is nothing better.
Perhaps if you have a slug of a boat with no sail shaping
capabilities you could make an argument for in-boom furling.
My choice would be to have some mast bend adjustability.

On the negative side. Dutchman systems are better used on
newer sails which can develop a shape memory, or heavier sails.

"Dave" wrote

Hate to say it, Bart, but in view of your affiliation this repeat of your
earlier message is approaching spam.

I don't disagree about its being a nice system. But one must exercise a
little restraint with his enthusiasm.