posted to alt.sailing.asa
Joe

Default I still prefer single handing

Sounds like yall just need a bit more time sailing together in various
conditions. Like Katy said they need to get into sail trimming or
something else, that keeps them out of the companion way and out on
deck. had they been assigned to a sil the perhpas you would not have
been blown over so much.

We had a great weekend sailing. Had rain or a drizzle and sailed to
the Trinity river on the other side of the bay Saturday. The rain
stopped around 1500 and it warmed up just in time to come into the
Kemah cut and toss beads in our Yachtygra parade. Then back out to
Redfish island in the bay for a night on the hook. We spent yeaterday
sailing down to Galveston and back in perfect weather. My wife loves
taking the wheel and can hold her at any point I request. I like to
singlehand myself , and do often with the help of the CPT auto pilot.
Anytime we are underway over 16 hours it's almost the same for me as
single handling, as my wife just does not have the strength needed to
trim and douse some sails, but I can sleep sound with her on the wheel.
When its just us I always reef, at night or just go to Jig & Jigger
before I hit the bunk.

But the 13ft La Brisa is mine anytime i have the need to getaway, but
then Skipper (our dog) has to go or gets really ****ed off.

Joe