Skipper

Default Is there the "perfect" sailing retirement place on the East Coast?

Recently, the cruising NG conducted subject discussion. I found the
following comments from a highly respected contributor to that forum
particularly interesting:

"We did the snowbird thing for three years. We've been in almost
everyplace along the east coast by boat from Baltimore south to the
Dry Tortugas and to the Bahamas and then Bob said it was too much
stress for him, so we stopped. Lots of people do it, but it IS NOT a
restful way to go."

"Besides I infer from the original question that you want a house to
sail the boat from and that it should have reasonable weather most of
the year AND places to sail. IMHO, Florida does not have either one
of those things. It is warm in the winter, but subject to hurricanes
in the summer, and is HOT (We've lived in Pensacola and Key West for
four years). Plus there is no place to sail there except perhaps in
the Keys."

I believe a realistic appraisal would rule the entire East Coast off
limits for the requested "perfect" conditions. We all know those can
only be found on the West Coast.

--
Skipper