posted to rec.boats.building
Garland Gray II

Default Fibreglass repairs to transom of cat

Use epoxy resin.

"Jerry Steinbach" wrote in message
My Nacra 5.8 is letting in a small amount of water, and it appears to be
seeping in through the lower side if the stern where the transom joins the
rest of the hull.
It looks as though the transom is a separately moulded piece, which is
attached to the rest of the hull. This is separating, letting in a small
amount of water, and I fear it may get bigger.
As to fixing it, should it simply reglass over the join inside (I feel if
i do this, It could leave water trapped inside the hull under this
repair)? Should I fill the separated parts outside with resin in addition
to prevent this? Or should I split the transom off and rejoin the whole
lot from scratch?
All help greatly appreciated!
Thanks

Jerry