Rural Knight

Default What Size Motor

I can agree with that.

Later,

Tom

"Tony Thomas" wrote in message
news:bWKZa.120267$o%2.53469@sccrnsc02...
You can get by w/ the 150 but nothing less. The 125/135/140 (depending on
brand) does not have the torque you will want or need.
The difference in price between the 150 and the 175 is not much and well
worth the extra.

--
Tony
My boats and autos - http://t.thomas.home.mchsi.com

"John-R W" wrote in message
The tag in the back of the boat says 175 hp, and a max. load of 1300

lbs.

"Bill Kiene" wrote in message
. com...
Hi John,

I think that 80% of max power is OK, but I am one for max power

myself.

What is this boat rated for max HP?

--
Bill Kiene

Kiene's Fly Shop
Sacramento, CA
www.kiene.com

"John-R W" wrote in message
Hi All,

First time boat owner, so I don't really know too much about them.

I just got a 1988 Falcon Striper Pro boat. Needs some cleaning up,

and
some
work done to it, it also needs a motor and controles. My question is

what
size motor should I consider putting on it.

I plan to just use it for fishing in the local lakes. We are not
interested
in using it to ski or going supper fast. I would like for the motor

have
enough power to get me off the lake quickly in the event of a storm
blowing
up.

I realize the boat is rather old, but I made what I think to be a

pretty
good deal when I bought it, so I don't have a lot of money tied up

in
it
right now.

Any advice would be appreciated.