posted to rec.boats.cruising,rec.boats,uk.rec.waterways,rec.boats.building
theMooseisLoose

Default Fuel Filter

"Brian" wrote in message

"Brian D" wrote in message
. ..
I know when sampling fuel from aircraft tanks that we just fling the
sampled fuel into the air... maybe not the best practice, I know. But in
American waters, it's not just bad practice but is illegal to put fuel or
oil into the water. A clearly labeled small gas can is the place to dump
fuel samples. Don't ask me what to do with it when the sampling gas can

is
full, nobody's ever come up with a solution for disposing of bad fuel

(for
consumers) that I know of.

We sent all ours back ashore once a week. Not a problem as we also sent

all
the water that was drained off the bottom of the fuel pods after they had
been allowed to stand and settle for 24 hrs. It was all put in a return

used
fuel pod and sent back for reprocessing.

--
Brian Ancient Order of Sewer Ants

Brian said "But in American waters, it's not just bad practice but is
illegal to put fuel or oil into the water"

Where do you think all the fuel goes when military and civilian aircraft are
required to "dump fuel" in preparation for landing with weight limits???