posted to rec.boats.electronics
Chuck Tribolet

Default what is dsc?

And Larry seems to think that radio has to be tuned to 70 to receive DSC calls.
It doesn't. It scans 70, as nearly as I can tell, no matter what you do. It least my
SH Spectrum does, as does a buddy's more recent SH, and another buddy's
Icom.

"ted" wrote in message news

"Larry" wrote in message ...
"Ted" wrote in
. net:

When the two systems are merged
the AIS display will let you pick the ship you want to talk to and
call only him using DSC. Everyone else will not have to listen to
your conversation.

That's true if you stay on Channel 70 and don't listen to 16 or the other
CB channels...68, 69, 71, 72, 10, 12, 13....(c;

I'm not sure why they dont implement DSC on all VHF marine channels. Maybe they will in the future after it is proven on channel
70. Do the current DSC capable radios allow you to use DSC on channels other than 70??