jay

Default Engine size differences

I have the 3.0 on an 18' (Sea Ray 176), and it's enough power for me and
three other good sized folks and 50 lbs. of gear.... anything more, and you
can feel it work a little harder to stay at a good cruise speed...me and one
other friend with 1/2 tank of gas topped it out at about 43mph. There's
always the folks who will say you can never have enough power, and better
resale value, etc... but I think a good thing to ask yourself is do you
/need/ the extra power?
For me 40mph is fast enough where I am, which is a landlocked riverway.

-j

"Petey the Wonder Dog" wrote in message
I'm about to order a Chapparal 190 I/O.

I can get either the 3.0 Volvo or the 4.3.
Can someone tell me the difference in speed between the two.

I understand that most recommendations will be to the larger engine, but
cost is a consideration at $2000 higher for the 4.3.

Before I make a decision, can I get some factual differences between the
two?

Thanks a lot in advance.
Dave