Harry Krause

Default Why I don't Buy Boating/Fishing Gear at Wal-Mart

Don White wrote:
Harry Krause wrote in message

..and then you get jackass idiots who badmouth unions. Every hourly worker
in the country should be protected by one, if for no other reason than
protect them from employer theft.

My guess is that most of those who slam unions in their posts here would
not qualify for any skilled union craft job in the building or
manufacturing trades, and resent the fact that many union craft workers
earn solidly middle class incomes.

I recall some final year electrician apprentices I met in San Francisco,
including a young woman who already had a college degree and was working
as an accountant before joining up with the union. She's now working as
a control motor installer at $75,000 a year, straight time. And is worth
every penny.