Rick & Linda Bernard

Default Too much acid in the sea

I can of a few times that acidity in a local spot can be high:
How about when some volcanic vent is present. The release of sulfur
compounds could make a local acid spot.
How about when someone is ocean dumping. This is an industrial practice
that does not happen in the US any more but may be more prevalent in other
countries. This can occur by either pipeline and/or filling a barge and
dumping it.
What is the acidity of the rivers that feed the ocean. Industrial
discharges have turned rivers very acidic in the past. This has stopped in
the US but may be prevalent elseware.

"Evan-Josh Roose" wrote in message
om...
I was on high seas with my boat, when suddenly the hull began to
dissolve.It seems that this section of the ocean was full of acid
water.

My boat quickly sank, I could escape with a small platic boat which
wasn´t attacked by the acid.

So I can only say that our oceans are extremly dangerous now,
pollution has turned some sections of the ocean into dangerous acid
seas that will dissolve boats very quickly!

So I recommend to use plastic boats and to avoid acid oceans.