posted to rec.boats.electronics
chuck

Default what is dsc?

Larry and Pascal:

Isn't the momentum for DSC and GMDSS being driven by European
requirements? My understanding is that implementation by the UK and
other European coast guard stations is farther along than in the US.
Manufacturers tend to build to meet the market's most stringent
requirements.

Chuck

Pascal wrote:
Very good opinion. I do not understand why Garmin, Raymarine and Icom,
for example continue to invest in DSC; the "new" DSC Position Report
feature of Garmin GpsMap 276C for example, wich demandas a VHF Radio
with NMEA IN and OUT, is ridiculous. These manufacturers should
instead take attention to AIS insted this "half-assed" DSC technology.

Pascal