Skip Gundlach

Default Porta-Bote Oars' security

Hi, Glenn,

"Congrats on your new bote. This week I was away on vacation and was
thinking of your post. I keep thinking of my bote...I think that with
some
real powerful oars you will see some serious flex in your botel. Were
that
my bote, I would probably think of some retrofit oar-locks. I guess
that I
row for the joy of it, not to get anywhere in a hurry. That's my $0.02
worth, feel free to ignore me...my wife does. :-)

Glenn.

P.S. Enjoy your bote. "

Thanks :{)) I expect to enjoy the heck out of it, one way or another.

Seeing the other thread ought to be enough about how I'm going to
modify the Bote to use sculls. However, about flex, if properly rowed,
all the thrust should be straight forward, translating in torque to a
right angle downward forward and upward aft.

Until I do it, I won't know, of course, but I don't think I can exert
enough pressure to deform the plastic like that. Hm. Thinking about
that just gave me a clue about how to make my insertion and removal
easier, without having to deal with loose oarlock parts.

Back to the story, so to speak, though, I row for the enjoyment of it,
and for exercise, too. But, the perfectionist in me wants to see more
result for my effort - and I already owned the expensive part of the
equation :{))

L8R

Skip, back to work on the bigger boat

Morgan 461 #2
SV Flying Pig KI4MPC
http://tinyurl.com/384p2 The vessel as Tehamana, as we bought her

away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails.
Explore.
Dream. Discover." - Mark Twain