posted to rec.boats,rec.boats.cruising
dsparks

Default Everglades back country wilderness cruise report

Wayne:
I can attest to the serious mosquito problem. We anchored in Little
Shark River when I moved my boat from Mobile Bay to the Chesapeake in
1989. The mosquitos were ferocious. At the time I had been reading
about "skin-so-soft" being a mosquito repellant. What a farce! Even
full-strength Deet was questionable as a deterent.
The area is beautiful. Inspired by your report and now being retired
in the Panhandle of Florida, perhaps I'll visit the area again - in the
winter.
Dave