posted to alt.sailing.asa
Capt. JG

Default Beneteau 39', Wandering?

And, I was hoping for a MacM report....

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

"Jim Cate" wrote in message

I sailed three days this weekend on a Beneteau 39, approximately 1988
model, in winds of around 20-25kts, and I was somewhat surprised that the
boat seemed to wander about from port to starboard on anything approaching
a close reach. It doesn't have a full keel but does have a spade rudder,
etc. Has anyone else had experience with the Beneteau's of this era, and
were you satisfied with it's handling and sailing characteristics? We were
offshore in some pretty high, breaking waves, but I would have thought
that the boat would handle them better than it did. Since it is a french
boat, we did enjoy some french bread and wine with our steaks (after
returning to port).

Jim