Billgran

Default boat batteries

"mark" wrote in message
oups.com...
I just put in two car batteries 12v in my boat and nothing happens. I
put the wires on the wrong terminals for an instant and then corrected
my mistake. Nothing happens. I checked all my fuses and nothing
blown. I was told to use interstate # SRM27XHD batteries. I couldn't
find them so I used sears. What did I do wrong.
Mark

A common problem is forgetting to hook up the motor's black ground cable.
Usually just the cable between the negative terminals is installed. One
battery should have twin heavy battery cables on the negative, one for the
motor and one for the 2nd battery.

Bill Grannis
service manager