RCE

Default Came across a genuinely bristol older boat........

wrote in message
ups.com...

RCE wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...

RCE wrote:
wrote in message
ps.com...

I think (simply my opinion) that a modern diesel boat engine's
lifespan
is
inversely proportional to it's horsepower. I know a guy that's been
through
3 engine rebuilds or replacements of both Yanmar 600 hp engines on his
boat
in 6 years. He did a lot of fishing trips and never got much over 1000
hours
on any of them.

RCE

I screwed up. His engines are *not* Yanmar. They are Manns.

RCE

Oh....

That might explain it, but I didn't know Dave was trying to manufacture
diesel engines.
(just kidding)

FWIW:
I think the correct spelling is M-A-N
http://www.mandiesel.com/mome2.htm

There was one guy from back east who was leading a virtual crusade
against MAN Diesel just a few years ago. He kept experiencing (or at
least claimed he was experiencing) piston failures at very low hours. I
thought I heard he settled with MAN and as a condition of the
settlement he had to take down his defamatory web sites. Wouldn't be
your neighbor/acquaintance, would it?

No. He's not that type. Any problems he would have would be taken care of
through his lawyer.

RCE