Bob

Default Porta-Bote Oars' security

Glenn A. Heslop wrote:
Steeling Oars? I must say...when I've been seen rowing...for fun and
excercise in my porta-bote in a sub-tropical climate...I recall other
sailors in the anchorage remenicing back decades when they last rowed a
boat...they inquired as to if my outboard was broken. A rather strange look
appeared when I happily stated that my outboard was working fine, stored on
the aft-rail of my sailboat...I was simply rowing for the fun...for the pure
joy of rowing in the late afternoon, under the tropical sun. I think they
thought the tropical sun'd cooked my brain...maybe it has...

Glenn.
s/v Seawing

I can not remember what my Swedish step dad called them in his native
tongue. But the rough translation was "idiot sticks." The strange thing
was he did not have an out board for his skiff. Go figure. And this was
a guy who commercial fished all his life.
Personally, I think outboards are way over rated. I'm with you Glen!