posted to rec.boats.cruising,rec.boats,uk.rec.waterways,rec.boats.building
Tony Brooks

Default Fuel Filter

"Glenn A. Heslop" wrote in message
I still don't understand...why should one have Petrol sloshing around the
bottom of one's boat? Do you simply drain water and impurities into your
bilge sir?

Glenn.

"Tony Brooks" wrote in message

snip

The
only think is that I do not think I would like petrol fumes sloshing
about
in the bottom of the boat, but I assume its open without sparks &
flames, so it is not as bad as in an enclosed boat.

--
Tony Brooks
www.TB-Training.co.uk

It never crossed my mind that anyone would be that stupid - note I said
petrol fumes, which people often seem to forget about - still I suppose

its
what you get with cross posting to several groups.

--
Tony Brooks
www.TB-Training.co.uk

This appeared on Uk.Rec.waterways where I would never have believed anyone
would do anything other than drain into a suitable container, but as soon as
you let petrol fall through the air you get heavy fumes - note the word
FUMES, not petrol - and many people forget about this.

Unless you have a completely enclosed draining system (as you are supposed
to in garages) you will get fumes falling into the bottom of the boat.
Unless you stick your nose into the bilge or under the floor you may well
not notice they are still hanging around until - boom

As I said, this is the sort of misunderstanding you get with cross positing.
If I had the slightest inkling that anyone who would consider draining the
said filters into the bilge would have been reading I would not have
replied.out of safety concerns.

--
Tony Brooks
www.TB-Training.co.uk