posted to rec.boats.electronics
Dennis Pogson

Default WGS84 vs. NAD83

William Andersen wrote:
Oh, thanks.
"Gordon Wedman" wrote in message
news:XQ2Jf.1383$Y22.664@clgrps12...
I think you can scan a paper chart or topo map and then upload to
some nav programs. If you do this you have to calibrate the map by
telling the software what L/L is represented by points selected on
the chart. I don't think the original poster is likely to be doing
this.
I'm not aware of any calibration being necessary if you up load
commercially produced charts. I believe the calibration data is
part of the chart data.

Len is keeping very quiet since his original posting. Has he found something
embarrassing, and doesn't wish to tell us?