Ryk

Default Cautionary advise to Consumers/Dealers/LARRY

On Fri, 17 Feb 2006 13:50:52 -0500, in message

rhys wrote:

On Fri, 17 Feb 2006 08:23:32 -0800, (ML OZONE)
wrote:

the fact that I made
it in after about another hour of pumping still doesnt clarify if I was
wise not to attract another boat or CG patrol.

Good observation on how panic can throw our usual judgement out the
window. The best course would probably be to call a "securite,
securite" if you are moving but busy bailing or even a "mayday" to the
CG. A "mayday" does NOT mean you are in need of a rescue NOW, but it
does mean you are in distress and in possible need of rescue or
immediate aid.

Or, of course PAN PAN if the situation is "urgent" but has not yet
become a matter of "distress". If I was taking on enough water to make
me worry I couldn't keep up with it I would skip the SECURITE.

Ryk