posted to rec.boats,rec.boats.cruising
Dene

Default NW freeze

"Gordon" wrote in message

"Dene" wrote in message
. ..

wrote in message
oups.com...

Speaking of.....what are the chances that my wife and I could

catch/eat
our
dinner in the Sound, come Sept?

-Greg

There is usually a run of silver salmon about that time. They tend to
be scrappy little fish, maybe 6-12 pounds on average, but they are

good
eating and not ridiculously difficult to catch. Certain portions of

the
sound will be open, others not. (Avoid bottom fish near the larger
cities.)

How about crabbing?

-Greg

Excuse me for butting in but crabbing is a sore spot with me.

Makes ya crabby, eh? ;

Crabbing at that time is a matter of wether the season is open or not.
There is a lot of turmoil right now about shortening seasons, reducing

daily
limits etc to keep from catching the quota so fast. A bill was introduced

split the quota more evenly between sports and commercial but I doubt it
will go anywhere. Sports now get 30% of the non tribal allocation. Just be
sure you check the Regs.
Gordon

Will do. It'd be nice to eat salmon one day, fresh crab the next, with a
fair amount of beer in between.

-Greg