posted to rec.boats.cruising,rec.boats,uk.rec.waterways,rec.boats.building
Glenn A. Heslop

Default Fuel Filter

I still don't understand...why should one have Petrol sloshing around the
bottom of one's boat? Do you simply drain water and impurities into your
bilge sir?

Glenn.

"Tony Brooks" wrote in message

"Glenn A. Heslop" wrote in message
Well...it seems that just because one draws off the water/contaminates
from
the bottom of the fuel filter bowl, doesn't mean that one should just

let
it
drain into the bilge. Draining it into a cup/bottle (i.e. that won't
'melt'
from the diesel fuel). Also, Diesel is significantly different from
Petrol/Gasoline...one can pretty much put out a cigarette in diesel

while
this is not very adviseable with gasoline.

Glenn.

"Tony Brooks" wrote in message

If your filter/water separator has a drain plug on it, it should an
almost
daily routine to draw a sample to see how much water is in the bowl.

The
only think is that I do not think I would like petrol fumes sloshing
about
in the bottom of the boat, but I assume its open without sparks &
flames, so it is not as bad as in an enclosed boat.

--
Tony Brooks
www.TB-Training.co.uk

It never crossed my mind that anyone would be that stupid - note I said
petrol fumes, which people often seem to forget about - still I suppose

its
what you get with cross posting to several groups.

--
Tony Brooks
www.TB-Training.co.uk