posted to rec.boats.paddle.touring,rec.outdoors.camping
Steve Hix

Default Kayaking Advice Please

In article et,
"Dan O'Connell" wrote:

Have you considered going to Voyageurs NP instead? Yes...you can be in
Canada at times No portages...just as pretty...(especially Namakan
Narrows/Kettle Falls area)...put-in at Either Crane Lake or Ash River
Visitor Center...either a few days or a week plus is possible depending on
the distance desired. It's all water with island camping and very kayak
friendly/oriented...and again Gorgeous! BWCA can be a "drag" with
kayaks...I'm there every spring as soon as the ice is out. Just a
suggestion...Dan

Sounds like a nice spot for early July (assuming the skeeters don't
carry the smaller paddlers away then).

Definitely sounds good to me. Thanks for the suggestion.