ML OZONE

Default Cautionary advise to Consumers/Dealers/LARRY

I'll tell you Larry, I had my own personal come-uppance after that
incident ... We all like to think of ourselves as "rambo-efficient" and
after getting home I really took serious reflection on my level of shock
and awe out there. Snapping awake from a sound sleep was the one and
only small excuse I allow for my behavior but the rest was pure
schoolgirl stuff.

The flood of 'small' never discussed 'truths' does the most damage of
all because the situation happenning in reality is a lot different than
any pre-boating safety thinking you can do
... Pfds, Pfd's, oh none of us will forget that need ... but the 46
degree water temp of that day eludes us completely until panic is
re-enforcing your understanding of the amount of danger occurring.

even more amusing to me is a few safety strategems I've never seen
mentioned in any safety manual .... I would definitly add a chapter
titled .... Marine Distress Radio, PfD, Epirb, flaregun, distress flag,
air horn, ..... to use or not to use ?

I had all of these things ,and in fact I had a serious battle with my
wife to explain the need for all the extra money spent for these
items,yet while frozen in place waiting to see if my pump would re-level
and drain that much water I actually couldnt assess my danger level
enough to determine if a flare, air blast, or even my direct line panic
button to the Coast Guard was even warranted .... the fact that I made
it in after about another hour of pumping still doesnt clarify if I was
wise not to attract another boat or CG patrol.

~~~~ Surfbored ~~~~