Don White

Default Porta-Bote Oars' security

Glenn A. Heslop wrote:
Steeling Oars? I must say...when I've been seen rowing...for fun and
excercise in my porta-bote in a sub-tropical climate...I recall other
sailors in the anchorage remenicing back decades when they last rowed a
boat...they inquired as to if my outboard was broken. A rather strange look
appeared when I happily stated that my outboard was working fine, stored on
the aft-rail of my sailboat...I was simply rowing for the fun...for the pure
joy of rowing in the late afternoon, under the tropical sun. I think they
thought the tropical sun'd cooked my brain...maybe it has...

Glenn.
s/v Seawing
www.seawing.net

"Skip Gundlach" wrote in message
oups.com...

I'm taking delivery of my bote tomorrow. If I'm successful, I'll have
converted it to sculling (10' carbon fiber oars with shovel scoop ends)
sometime in the next few days (stay tuned for pictures in the gallery).
Those oars are worth half what the boat is...

How do any of you who have such an issue secure your oars from theft?

Thanks.

L8R

Skip

Morgan 461 #2
SV Flying Pig KI4MPC
http://tinyurl.com/384p2 The vessel as Tehamana, as we bought her

away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails.
Explore.
Dream. Discover." - Mark Twain

I don't mind the rowing exercise, but I'd rather look where I'm going
than where I was.