Default Block Island RI - OLD Harbor

wrote:
Old Harbor is next for destruction
Featured letter

Harbormaster Chris Willi and the Block Island Harbors Department's
proposal to eliminate anchoring in Old Harbor's "Outer Basin" and
fill it with docks is wrong for so many reasons it makes my stomach
sick. Anyone taking the time to read this letter realizes that Block
Island's Old Harbor is completely unique. It's an anomaly in
boating, with nothing else like it in the entire Northeast, and
probably the entire East Coast.

Nowhere else can boaters anchor at will in a perfectly protected
harbor, with such convenient access to shoreline and a picturesque New
England town. Old Harbor, like the rest of Block Island, is a
one-of-a-kind place that truly needs to be preserved.

I agree with everything you say. Would these new docks
effect/eliminate/screw up the tiny beach adjacent to the
beach/bar/restaurant, on the south side of the harbor, that we pwc'ers
and some small boats like to pull up onto? (Most of the pwc's there
have just hopped over from Point Judith, my couple friends and I are
usually the only ones over there who have come from Riverheard, LI, or
even, on occassion, Jones Beach, to hang out.)

richforman