posted to rec.boats.cruising,rec.boats,uk.rec.waterways,rec.boats.building
Tony Brooks

Default Fuel Filter

"Glenn A. Heslop" wrote in message
Well...it seems that just because one draws off the water/contaminates
from
the bottom of the fuel filter bowl, doesn't mean that one should just let
it
drain into the bilge. Draining it into a cup/bottle (i.e. that won't
'melt'
from the diesel fuel). Also, Diesel is significantly different from
Petrol/Gasoline...one can pretty much put out a cigarette in diesel while
this is not very adviseable with gasoline.

Glenn.

"Tony Brooks" wrote in message

If your filter/water separator has a drain plug on it, it should an
almost
daily routine to draw a sample to see how much water is in the bowl. The
only think is that I do not think I would like petrol fumes sloshing
about
in the bottom of the boat, but I assume its open without sparks &
flames, so it is not as bad as in an enclosed boat.

--
Tony Brooks
www.TB-Training.co.uk

It never crossed my mind that anyone would be that stupid - note I said
petrol fumes, which people often seem to forget about - still I suppose its
what you get with cross posting to several groups.

--
Tony Brooks
www.TB-Training.co.uk