Harlan Lachman

Default Boat Broker Question ...

In article M38Jf.8097$lG.4345@trndny01,
"Thomas Wentworth" wrote:

Lately, I have been in contact with a number of boat brokers. Is it just
me, but these people seem sleazy. They have a listing, they represent the
buyer [ and themselves ]. They stand to make money if a sale goes through
yet they don't seem to know much, nor do they want to do much. If you ask
them something about a boat, they say "get a survey". In most cases, they
have never been on the boat, not have they ever seen the boat.

Surveys are fine, but they can cost hundreds of dollars.

I don't know,,, maybe is me but I really think boat brokers are a dishonest
bunch.

What are your thoughts.

Jasper

Like everything else in life, it depends on the person.

I found a broker who found the boat I wanted, guided me through
acquisition process, helped me resolve problems after the boat was
delivered a good 330 miles from his shop, came sailing up here to help
me out and showed me tons about my boat.

Anyone who has dealt with Todd Williams of McMichaels in Mamaroneck, NY
knows that there are brokers who do not fit your definition.

Keep on looking.

harlan

--
To respond, obviously drop the "nospan"?