Jeff

Default Boat Broker Question ...

I didn't mean honest in the sense that they would represent your best
interest. I meant honest in the sense that they probably will avoid
doing anything that would land them in jail. Or, to put it another
way, I would buy another car from the last three dealers we have
bought from, and have recommended them to friends.

You, on the other hand, seem startled by the thought that boat brokers
should be viewed any different from car salesmen. What planet are you on?

Thomas Wentworth wrote:
Car salesmen are honest? Did you really write that? What planet are you
living on?

================
"Jeff" wrote in message

Thomas Wentworth wrote:

Lately, I have been in contact with a number of boat brokers. Is it just
me, but these people seem sleazy. They have a listing, they represent
the buyer [ and themselves ]. They stand to make money if a sale goes
through yet they don't seem to know much, nor do they want to do much.
If you ask them something about a boat, they say "get a survey". In most
cases, they have never been on the boat, not have they ever seen the
boat.

You should ask the folks on alt.sailing.asa what they think of their
resident "broker" capt rob.

Surveys are fine, but they can cost hundreds of dollars.

Surveys are required, period. You might even plan on rejecting a few
boats after survey, depending on what you're after.

I don't know,,, maybe is me but I really think boat brokers are a
dishonest bunch.

real estate, cars, yachts ... they're all the same profession. Most are
honest, but their job is to figure out how much you have in your pocket
and make sure you leave 99% behind and walk out thinking you got a
bargain.

Its your job to know what you want.

What are your thoughts.

Jasper