basskisser

Default The 4th and boating.Lake Oroville.

"Calif Bill" wrote in message ...
The website is wrong as to acres. The dam is based at about 200' and is
770' tall and a mile across. From the dam, the South arm is about 20 miles
long, the middle fork is about the same and the North Fork as 2 arms and is
maybe 24 miles to the end of the long arm when the lake if full. Last
October on the last trip of the year to the lake, it was down 140' and they
were building a low water ramp. Amazing to have a lake down 140' and still
see 3-500' of depth on the sonar.

Yes, it IS deep! I don't understand, I've just been on CA state web
sites, and the ones I've visited STILL say Oroville is 15,810 acres at
maximum operating storage: Also, I was only in the bay area for a
little over a year. I used to go to the pier in Martinez and fish off
of it, caught a sturgeon right off of the pier one day!

This CA government document states that Lake Oroville's water surface
area is 15,810 acres at Maximum Operating Storage:

http://www.lakeoroville.water.ca.gov/stats_oro.html

This document states Shasta's lake surface area at M.O.S. as 29,500
acres:

http://69.10.165.170/forest/shastrin/lake1.htm

The same page lists Trinity Lake's surface area at M.O.S. at 16,000
acres.

This document lists Lake Almanor's surface area at 28,257 acres:

http://wwwdpla.water.ca.gov/nd/Water...LkAlmanor.html

This document lists Clear Lake's surface area at 68 square miles. Do
the math and it comes out to approx. 43519.8 acres:

http://wwwdpla.water.ca.gov/nd/Water...ke/ClearL.html