posted to rec.boats,rec.boats.cruising
Dene

Default NW freeze

wrote in message
ups.com...

Your power source may be reliable, but how about that light bulb?
Possible damage to your engine or other systems is one heck of a bet to
place that "this light bulb won't burn out before spring".

Even with "fresh water cooling" your engine should be running a strong
coolant solution, so there should be no real chance of a freeze up at
28F.

If you drain your potable water tank, and hot water tank, and make sure
the lines are clear there would be no need to add anti-freeze.

You keep that cold weather down in the Columbia, OK? :-)

Isn't Seattle getting the same Arctic blast. Maybe not....you don't have
the open aircock called the Columbia River gorge. I'm on the east end of it
and our wonderful east "breeze" just started. The fun begins.

Spent the morning prepping both boats, the one I bought and the one I'm
selling. The one I bought, Maxum 2400, is in the boathouse, engine hatch
up, canvas down, with a thermostat controlled heater in the cockpit.

The other one is in a covered moorage. Water has been drained, from the
water tanks, and manifold. It has the hallogen light hanging in the engine
hatch, which the boat broker will routinely check. Hoping for the best.
They are predicting low 20 degree temps with a frigid 30-40 mph east wind,
that actually warms the air some.

Hopefully these measures will get me through this... Both boats are FWC.

-Greg