posted to rec.boats.cruising,rec.boats,uk.rec.waterways,rec.boats.building
Scraggy

Default Fuel Filter

Larry wrote:
"Scraggy" wrote in
:

In addition to what others have said, topping the fuel tanks at the
end of the day will help eliminate condensation inside the tanks.

Oh, no. They'd never do that. They park the boat for weeks with the
tanks empty just so it can breathe in all those wet night airs and
rot the bottom out of the tank.

You're talking about something that takes real work on their parts,
landing twice with the fuel dockage, when they're all tired out from
sailing all day with a boat now filled with grumpy, drunk passengers
who want to go ASHORE...and who will abandon the captain to dock
himself at his slip because the fuel dock is SO close to the parking
lot!...(c;

No wonder they don't stop to fill up and prevent condensation......

I have to agree, life is a bitch.

members. Groucho Marx