Harry Krause

Default Rarely, do I not get a useful newsgroup answer, HOWEVER...

Gene Kearns wrote:
y'all have forced me to go it alone on this one. My 1987 Gulfstream
had twin 1986 Yamaha 150s installed. I realized that they would not
last forever and in order to dispose of them while they still had some
commercial value, I elected to go the 4-stroke route.

I did a lot of research and decided to go with the most cost effective
motor I could find that had the least negatives.... I got no real
negatives on Suzuki and I got the best price by FAR from a local
dealer for the Suzuki 4-stroke 140 HP engines.

New gauges, new controls (compete), new engines, and new props.....

I hope I did the right thing.... I'll be posting the results as I get
them.....

Any thoughts??

Perhaps this has changed, but not so long ago, Suzuki dealers were among
the weakest of outboard dealers in terms of facilities, training,
investment, knowledge, et cetera. The word was, if you couldn't get a
big-time franchise, you went with Suzuki. That may not be true any
longer, or it may not be true for your dealer.

I'd want to inspect the repair facilities, the parts department and I'd
want to know about parts inventories.

You might want to talk to any owners of larger cataramans, which seem to
mate up with pairs of Suzukis fairly frequently.

Good luck.

--
* * *
email sent to will *never* get to me.