posted to rec.boats.cruising,rec.boats,uk.rec.waterways,rec.boats.building

Default Fuel Filter

ajw wrote:
A bit of advice would be appreciated.

I use two 5m Zodiacs as part of a SCUBA club but we seem to have
continuous problems caused by water in fuel.

We currently have sealed metal fuel filters mounted on the transoms of
the boats however as these are sealed it is not possible to see what is
going on, if water is accumulating etc.

I have been thinking about changing these for clear plastic filters
(also transon mounted) with valves on the bottom to drain any
water/crud.

Has anyone had any experience of using these type of filters in this
environment and have anything to recomend or steer clear of?

Also is the plastic stong enough to withstand rough treatment of both
divers and their equipment!? If not it might be necessary to construct
some sort of cage around the filter.

All advice gratefully recieved

Anthony

Start with this link: