posted to rec.boats,rec.boats.cruising
JR North

Default NW freeze

You mean potable water tank? if so, mebe yes, mebe no...
Also, if you have a hot water heater, be sure to drain it regardless. If
it freezes, it will rupture. Ditto for inline fresh water filters. The
glass or clear plastic bowl varieties should be installed inverted, so
the water drains out when not pressurized. If left full, the bowls will
freeze and break.
JR

Dene wrote:
My 25 footer sits in the Columbia River at my friend's boathouse, with a
significant current under it. This winter, I haven't been concerned about
winterizing it, since it has fresh water cooling, and even more pertinent,
daytime highs have been above freezing.

Starting tomorrow, highs will be 28 degrees through Saturday. I have a
covered hallogen light that can be easily placed in the bilge, near the
water tank. The power source is reliable. Will that do the trick or
should I drain the water and apply antifreeze? I'd prefer not.

-Greg