posted to rec.boats.building
Dane

Default OT- caution, somewhat political... was New Found Metals will sue me if I tell my

I think you should still try to get a refund via your credit card. I'm
quite certain, living in Denmark, that it would be possible to do here.
No matter if you succeed or not, getting that refund, you should make a
website to get the word out. It cannot be slander when you tell your
story. You have their emails to back it up. The truth cannot be
slander.

Bob wrote:
Normally I'd agree. But times have changed, and we U.S.
citizens don't have the rights we used to have.

The current administration believes that the 14th amendment
gives businesses the right to lie in advertising, and also
gives them the right to offer false statements in contracts.
I'd be willing to bet that their view of negative public
statements about a companies products, no matter the truth,
would be that it is slander.

It will be interesting to see how much of these beliefs the
Supreme Court will formally codify.

DSK

Hi DSK
This is a bit off my original concern and problem with NFM but
certainly you have brought up an important topic. I was shocked when I
found out a few years ago that police officers can lie to people during
interviews and interrogations in order to gain information. I was
talking to my son-in-law who is a police officer. I said no way. Then
he brought out is state academy training manual, pointed to the page,
and cited a US Supreme Court case that allows officers to lie in order
to gain information. Sort of gets a guy thinking. How do you know when
a police officer is lying or telling the truth?

But back to NFM problem. They are okay ports if I rebuild them myself.
But if your paying $600 bucks for two ports I think they should arrive
ready to install........or be fixed. The problem is that NFM simply
says, There is nothing wrong with the ports. The really interesting
part to my experience is the most THRETINING thing I said was that I
would post my comments here. That certainly struck a sore spot with
NFM.
Bob